Thursday, February 15, 2007

God is in Control!!

Something that I have notices that is very apparent in french society is that things are very inconsistant. Very rarely can you count on things here. For example, one day, a store will be open, and then another day, at the exact same time, it will be closed, just because they had something else to do or something came up...it's a little frustrating when you are trying to get things done. However, today, amidst some toil that I have been facing through trying switch classes, I was gently reminded that there is absolutely nothing that I myself can take control of. I am not in control of my life! No matter how much I try to be, I will never be, and I just need to rest in the fact that God IS in control, and that he WILL work things out for the better, even if it takes a little longer than usual. I was reminded of the verse in Psalm 46: "Be still and know that I am God." He will always be there for me and He will always be a couple steps ahead, so I need only to be still and let God take control of my life! When you think about it, it is so much more comforting to know that someone else is there to guide you through your life and that you don't have to do it on your own! I just wanted to share with you what God has been teaching me in the past few days.
SO, Yesterday, as we all know was Valentine's Day. However, one wouldnt know it from the weather in Paris. It was one of the ugliest days I have ever seen. It rained on and off all day. BUT don't think that bad weather would stop me from celebrating! Last night, my friend, Katy, and I went to an ice cream store where we split hot chocolate fondue with fruits and ice cream to dip!! It was soo amazing! Then we met up with more friends and explored the streets of Paris. We found ourselves at the Louvre, where we sat and drank some wine and ate somemore chocolate!! It was a perfect way to celebrate a day that promotes the eating of chocolate!! By the end of the night, I had made three new french friends! They are learning english at the Sorbonne, and we are learning french-obviously, so we decided that we would meet up with them and help them with their english, and they would help us with our french! I'm so excited! I hope that it will greatly help in my acceleration of learning french!

1 comment:

Charlotte Rice said...

I might be mistaken, but I thought Valentine's Day promoted love, not the eating of chocolate.... unless of course your one true love IS chocolate! You are so cute.