I thought that I had seen the most beautiful things that Paris had to offer, but then it starts to snow, and I see the city in an entire new light! Yes, yesterday it snowed!! And while it didnt stick, it was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. And then an hour later, it was back to being sunny and warm...just like that.
I had my first official parisian class yesterday, called "societe Francais", and it was quite interesting. I really dont know how to describe in words how it was, but I will just say that native french teachers just have a different aura about them that is very different from american teachers.
After class, I decided to take the metro and get off at the Tuileries stop, and see where it led me. And of course, I found one of my favorite areas of Paris: Le Jardin des Tuileries!! I walked around the park/garden and tried to take in as much as I could. I went and sat in a cafe called "cafe very," situated in the center of the park, where I people watched and read my french version of "Pride and Prejudice." And I must say that reading a novel in another language is quite a challenge. I'm sure it's comical though for the french who were sitting around me to see this girl reading a book, with an english/french dictionary close at hand.
After a little while, I walked around the Tuileries area and browsed the shops, and I soon found myself very near the Louvre, and soon after, right next to Notre Dame (and the centre de pompidou-which I have yet to tackle). It is so weird how close things are in this city. I'm just so used to taking the metro everywhere, that I don't really get a feel for the layout of the city. So it was nice to find my bearings yesterday. After a long day of exploration, I met some friends for a bite to eat, and then we grabbed a crepe on our way home, and despite my love for nutella, I was very disappointed in my nutella crepe. I don't think I'll be getting another one for a while...atleast I won't be eating the crepe part, that is. :)
Today was a long day of class for me, so this morning I woke up early to get a short run in, and as I was running, I just happened to run by the Arc de Triomphe. It is about a half mile from our apartment, so it's quite conveniant. I still feel like it is weird for me to say that I see the Eiffel Tower and the Arc de Triomphe on a regular basis. I sort of feel like I'm telling a lie or that it really isn't true, But it is!! I promise!! Come visit and you too will see!
This weekend we are going to Normandy to see the D-Day Beaches and Mont St. Michel, so I will have much to blog about when I return home on Sunday!
A bientot!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment