I have been in Paris now for almost a week, and it feels like I have been here for two days!! Last night was quite a fun experience. We found this cute village in south eastern Paris and went to this amazing restaurant called "Chai 33." I felt very chic eating there. Then we headed over to the movie theater where we saw Blood Diamond!! To everyone who hasn't seen it, I strongly recommend it. It was fun getting to see the french subtitles at the bottom and how they translated some of our english phrases.
This morning, I got to enjoy some Starbucks, and we shopped all day, just going into cute little shops and browsing. We went into this bookstore, and it was so neat to see all these french books everywhere. Obviously, the french probably don't think twice about their bookstores, but for some reason I was quite fascinated. This afternoon, friends and I did another hot yoga class, but this time we decided we would do it in english, just to make sure that we got everything right. After almost dying in the 110 degree class, we recovered by hittin up some Mickey D's. Let me just make a little side not here: At the Paris McDonalds, the meal portions are much smaller, which answers the question why europeans aren't as fat as us americans! I mean if America had the same portion sizes as the fast food restaurants over here, then we wouldn't be soo obese!
Ok moving, on, tomorrow we are going to visit Versailles, one of my favorite things in all of France!! Although it wont be as pretty in the winter, I am still so excited!! So until I write again, Bonne Journee!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment