Tuesday, January 30, 2007

I live in Paris

So these past couple of days have been busy because we are having school orientations, and picking up paper work and what not. But I have still managed to sightsee and keep up my eating with nutella. You had better come visit before I finish all that there is in this city!!
Yesterday, Lauren Anne and I walked down the Champs-Elysees in hopes of finding a sporting goods store, and I was taken back to good ole memories of the USA. We walked into this store called Decathlon, and I felt like I was walking in to a Walmart. People were literally everywhere, and there was clothing thrown everywhere. I was so confused as to why people would be in a mad rush to buy Sporting clothes.
Today we took our placement test for the french class that we will be put into for the next four months. We'll get our results tomorrow. This afternoon, I went on a run around this cute park right by our apartment, and it was beautiful. The parks around here are not only great for walking/running/sitting, but there is SO much to look at as well! This park had so many amazing statues, and a pond with ducks swimming, and a beautiful garden with dozens of different kinds of flowers. It's neat to be able to take a step back from all of the busyness and excitement, and just enjoy God's presence through his magnificent creation. Please let me know if there are any good restaurants that you know of in Paris, because we eat out a lot and would love some yummy suggestions!!

2 comments:

Yvette said...

Clair Bear Ma Chere!
So glad to be connected avec tu and the blog spot. I am so glad you are having an exciting adventure- one i'm sure you will remember for a lifetime. I just hope you and Em can experiece France again together one day!
J'embrasse tresa fort!
Tante Yvette

Yvette said...

typo- tres fort!!!!