Saturday, January 27, 2007

Je suis arrivee a Paris!!

Hooray for Paris!
Today has been such a surreal day! This morning, Lauren Anne and I woke up, packed our bags, and ate a huge, and I mean HUGE brunch in the cafeteria at our school in Cannes. Brunch at the school is the only good meal that they serve and it consists of Pain au chocolat (croissants with chocolate in the middle), omelettes, crepes, sausage, ham, fruit, yogurt, and fromage with bread-basically all the breakfast food that you can think of. Brunch was a nice way for the school to send us on our way with a positive memory of Cannes-despite what our attitudes had been in the days prior. Anyway, It was sad to leave the life that we had known for the past two weeks, but it was also very exciting to finally be departing for Paris!!!! Our permanent destination! We took the TG, (the train) from Cannes to Paris, which was about a 5 hour ride. it wasn't bad at all though, and we got to see beautiful mountains, the sea, and snow!! all throughout our way to Paris. When we arrived around 5pm, we were given a "white envelope" (it was an exciting and scary moment all at the same time because that white envelope held the key to our happiness in Paris) that said our address and our family's name that we would be living with. LA and I got into the taxi and found that the apartment we are living in greatly exceeded our expectations!! We are in the 17th district of the city, and we're quite close to everything!! The Eiffel Tower is about 2-3 miles away, and the Champs-Elysees is only 2 miles away!! We are living with an elderly couple, Madame and Monsieur Richer, and they are so sweet and kind, and so laid back! We ate an amazing dinner with them this evening, and LA and spoke as much french as we could-they were very patient with us!! But the Lord has been so good to us and I am so thankful for where we are, and I'm so excited for what is ahead on this awesome adventure! More to come after I explore the many wonders of the beautiful and romantic city of Paris!! A bientot!!

No comments: