So just in case you didn't know, I am living in France for the spring semester! And so far, it has been so amazing...(I say that as I put a crepe with nutella on it my mouth!) I have recently noticed that the majority of my time in Cannes has been spent enjoying delicious crepes avec nutella and nutella paninis. We decided today at lunch, that if someone were to ask me what my body was made of, I would respond by saying "nutella and olive oil" mmm scrumptious.
In these past couple of days, our group has travelled over to Monaco, Monte Carlo, Eze, and Saint Paul de Vince, all small neighboring cities to Cannes. Yesterday we explored Saint Paul de Vince, and toured a very cool museum that contained mostly sculptures and abstract art. it was cool because they told us that all the artists worked right at the museum that we were visiting. The city of Saint Paul was so beautiful as well. it took us about ten minutes to walk around the city, so when we finished, we found a cafe to sit in and order some coffee and cheese. Of course the waitress ripped us off-as we are stupide americains! But all in all, it was a wonderful little excursion. I will be sad to leave the coast because everything down here is so beautiful, but I am very excited about getting to Paris! We leave for the city Saturday morning, and that is when reality will set in..maybe!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Cher Clairej, _Allo from San Francisco! It is tres bien that tu etes tres _appy in France. Did you know that their is a shriveled up Saint Roseline (they _ave _er body encased in glass-eeeuw)in a leetle Chapel near our _ouse in Les Arcs-sur-Argen who blessed the grandparents of the familly Maeght so that they would _ave a son (which worked by the way) so the Maeght Fondation donated a few pieces including a huge mosaic by Chegal(sp?) that is quite beautiful. We love St, Paul de Vence - Les Arcs is like a poor mans version of that hill town.
I am very envious of your adventure (especially because my french has fallen by the wayside- _hope you continue to have many adventures and that you don't OD on Nutella. I will keep up with your blog and let you know of any hot things to do.
many xoxoxo love Cinne
Post a Comment