Today was our first official day in Paris! And it was amazing. We woke up and had breakfast with our family, and we had this wonderful special K that is much bettter than in the states. AND we had toast with NUTELLA (my fav!!) and more toast with some homemade jam that came straight from our family's garden in Normandie-yes they have a house in Normandie! We basically live with the coolest family in Paris. So after our lovely breakfast, we toured our area of the city a little bit with Madame Richer, LA and I's "house mother." And then we took the METRO down to the American Church of Paris, where we attended a worship service. We met up with some friends as well; it was nice to see familiar faces in such a big city! After a yummy lunch of pizza, we walked around the city and finally found the Eiffel Tower!! And of course we took some pictures. It is so pretty and SO tall. I constantly have to pinch myself to make sure all of this is real, and that I'm not in a dream.
We departed from our friends in the afternoon, and LA and I went to a french "hot yoga" class. Going to an exercise class that was taught completely in french was such a great experience, it forced me to learn new words and new phrases. It was definitely a good way to implement even more french into my day. I'm hoping to be fluent in no time! (fingers crossed)
To end our day, as LA were walking home this evening, we were ecstatic when none other than STARBUCKS popped into our path! I have never tasted such a delicious latte in my life!! And I think for the very first time in my life, the drink did its job of warming my body in extremely cold weather!
Tomorrow we will take a grand tour of the city with our group, so that should be fun. Each day will be even better than the last, and I appreciate all of your thoughts and prayers for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Woohoooo for Starbucks!!! I miss you!
Yeah, Starbucks!!!
Keep posting I love reading about your awesome semester! Campbell says Hi Claire Bear!
Holly
Post a Comment