As I was waiting for the metro today, I realized how many different people I see in just a matter of seconds!! Men wearing fur, men weaing pointed toed boots with heels, men with long hair, women with buzzed hair, women with too much makeup, dreadlocks, hats, braces, glasses, tattoos, piercings in eyebrows, noses, lips, and chins, homeless people, fat people (although not too many), skinny people, nuns, incredibly tall people, people with lots of nose hair (i've never seen anything like what I saw today. it was really disgusting), people who havent washed their hair in days or maybe even weeks, dozens of nationalities, I could go on for hours just about the types of people that I see over the course of one day. And it's so incredible to me how I sometimes go an entire day without noticing any of them or anything else around me. Usually I dont try to talk to anyone while on the metro, but the past couple days, I have been noticing all the different kinds of people that I come in contact with, and I have this urge to want to know about them and their story. So, my mission for these next couple weeks before my spring break is to try and talk to as many people as I can while on the metro-whether we speak english or french! We'll see what happens!
So I realized that it has almost been a MONTH since I last updated my blog, and I'm so very sorry. However, many many important people have been visiting me, so I wanted to give them as much of my time as possible, so the blogging sort of took a back seat. BUT, like I said, for the past couple of weeks, I have been having visitors. First, Billy came to visit me and I got to take him to most of my favorite places in Paris like Montmartre where the Sacre Coeur is, Versailles, the Eiffel Tower, Bercy Village, and of course beautiful Monceau park by where I live. I also got to take him to our favorite restaurants as well. Then, last week, on Monday, I started out the week with a very dear friend, Julie, (roommate from freshman year) who was in Paris for the Killers concert. We hung out all day Monday and had a good time catching up. On Tuesday of last week, my family arrived!! The sisters and parents were all here, and we GREATLY missed our best factor in the family, Chasy!! I'm so sad that I didn't get to see him. Charlotte came to Paris with a list of all the things she wanted to see, so we used that as a guide for scheduling each day. On top of all the many museums and sites that we got to see, we also got to try out some pretty phenominal french restaurants!! One night, we ventured up to the top of the Centre Pompidou where there is a restaurant called Georges. We got there just as the sun was setting, and saw a pretty spectacular view of the city and the eiffel tower, and the sunset in the background. The restaurant itself was quite upscale and snoody, but such a fun experience. AND, their dark chocolate ice cream was to die for!! (the little taste that i had at least). Another hilight of their trip was getting to go on a bike tour around Paris. I enjoyed getting to see all the major Paris sites while on a bike! And it gives you a little bit of a rush to get mixed in with Paris traffic!! All in all, I've had an amazing past two weeks thanks to all those who visited. It has been much quieter in these past two days, and I don't quite know what to do with myself! However, I guess that March is just my month for visitors, because tomorrow, SUSANNAH is coming for the weekend!! This week is the marking of ten weeks since I have been abroad, and I can honestly say that it has felt like 4, maybe 5. And I only have a little more than 2 months left in this beautiful city, so I want to make the most of it! Do let me know if you have any suggestions of things for me to do in my last months here, not that I don't have a lot to do, but I dont want to miss out on anything!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment